We are looking for Volunteer – Finance Officer
REACHING THE UNREACHED TANZANIA (RUT) is a national, voluntary based non-government Organization (NGO) whose mission is “to Support the community in attaining better health, fight against gender and children violence through community-based programs and interventions”. RUT works to address women and girls’ health related issues including Gender Based Violence (GBV), Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, RMNCAH and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT) is currently looking for a Volunteer-Finance Officer to support RUT’s finance department.
Job Location: Dodoma region
POSITIONS SUMMARY: The position requires a volunteer with strong work commitment. Volunteer applicant should be ready to work with no payment (It is unpaid position). Therefore, applicants living in Dodoma region are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets
- Managing records and receipts
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters
- Support the preparation of financial reports
- Work with auditors in preparation of year-end audit/Participate in financial audits
- Cash handling including withdraw and deposit the money for different purposes
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices and account statements according to established procedures
- Undertake other duties as required by the line manager
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent discipline
- Strong communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office is essential
- Ability to provide sound financial analysis and review financial data
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a high-performing and multi-disciplinary team, often operating under tight deadlines and timetables
- Good written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
If you believe you meet criteria given above and interested in the position, please submit your application letter and CV as a single document.
All applications should be directed to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is: 14th November, 2018 at 17:00hrs. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)